Residential Water Assistance Program
Help for Those in Need
The Regional Water Authority takes great pride in delivering high-quality, reliable and affordable water. And we understand the importance of helping customers maintain water service in their homes during times of financial hardship. That's why we're partnering with the Dollar Energy Fund to provide yearly one-time grants to families struggling to pay their water bills.
If your household income is at or below 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, you may qualify for assistance through our Residential Water Assistance Program. Eligible customers receive a one-time Residential Water Assistance grant of up to $80, applied directly to their water bills. The grants are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis or until funding is depleted.
- All applicants must provide verification of income.
- The account must be residential: either a single home or apartment. Commercial and industrial accounts and apartments with shared utilities are not eligible.
- The name on the account must be that of an adult who is currently living in the home.
- The maximum grant amount an applicant may receive is $80.
- Applicants can only receive one grant every 12 months.
- Grant awards are based on need, and each family's circumstances are different. Therefore, grant amounts are determined on a case-by-case basis.
The total gross household income must be at or below 150 percent of the 2017 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines as shown in the chart below.
|Each additional add
How to Apply:
- Call Dollar Energy at 1-800-375-1388 and, at the prompt, press 1. You will be connected with Dollar Energy's Program Coordinator or their Hardship Program Coordinator. Either will be able to assist you and complete an application for you.
- Visit or call one of these participating agencies:
- Salvation Army - New Haven
- 450 George St., New Haven, 203-624-9891
- Salvation Army - Ansonia
- 26 Lester St., Ansonia, 203-736-0707
- TEAM, Inc. - Ansonia, Bethany, Derby, Milford, Seymour
- 30 Elizabeth St., Derby, 203-736-5420
Residential Water Assistance Program Fact Sheet